The Aescher Hotel, Wasserauen, Switzerland.
Built over 2,500 feet up in the Swiss Alps, and right into the side of the mountain. The only hotel I’ve been where you can see and feel the earth as it acts as one of the walls.
Back Canals, Venice, Italy.
Water plays a crucial role in everyday life in Venice. The city is made up of 117 small islands, 177 canals and 409 bridges.
Sunrise over the Rialto Bridge, Venice, Italy.
Morning in Venice is very calm and peaceful. The sunrise over the Rialto is a sign of things to come in the very near future. One of the busiest places in Venice, it won’t be long before the tourists take over.
Windmills at Zaanse Schans, Netherlands.
What more can you ask for here? Windmills in the open air museum of Zaanse Schans. Here you get a look inside the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries and the importance windmills played in the prosperity of the region.
My nominations are
What you need to do:
1. Publish an Explore the Elements post on your blog with images for all 4 elements. If you don’t have photos for all 4 elements, post images for the elements that you do have images for. Those who don’t have photos for all 4 elements will still be in with a chance of winning the category winner prizes but won’t be in the running for the main £5,000 travel fund prize.
2. Nominate and notify 5 other bloggers to take part in Explore the Elements at the end of your post to spread the word about the contest!
3. Notify Thomas Cook of your entry before the closing date of the 16th March 2015 by either:
- Tweeting @thomascookuk including #exploretheelements and a link to your blog post in your tweet or;
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including a link to your post, your name and your email address.
4. Thomas Cook and the competition judges will share and retweet some of our favourite Explore the Elements posts throughout the contest’s 8 week duration so be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts closely!
5. Every Explore the Elements blog entry will be judged by 3 other judges plus myself, with each judge selecting an element category winner to receive either a Fujifilm camera, an Apple MacBook Air, or an Apple iPhone 6 with Bose noise cancelling headphones depending on their choice. Hint: I’m judging the earth category. The judges will then work together to select the overall winner of the £5,000 travel fund. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link below.